Here’s how to give your smile the care it deserves during these unprecedented times.
You should always prioritize your oral health; however, you may be a bit confused as to how to do this during the coronavirus pandemic. You not only need to keep your smile healthy but also your overall health. If you have questions or concerns about your oral care right now, our Spring, TX, dentist Dr. Michael Morris is here to help.
Preventive Dentistry Begins at Home
The good news is that you are the best tool that you have for keeping your smile healthy. You may be at home more these days, which means that you have time to focus on how you care for your smile. Here are ways to reduce your risk for dental problems right now,
- Make sure that you are brushing at least twice a day for two minutes at a time with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss once a day
- Avoid junk food, particularly sugary treats, and stick to balanced, whole diet that is rich in whole grains, lean protein, veggies and fruits
- Reduce alcohol consumption (we know it’s tempting right now but heavy alcohol consumption can lead to bad breath, discolorations, cavities and inflammation)
- Get some form of exercise (even just a brisk walk around the neighborhood for 30-60 minutes a day can improve your overall health)
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, especially before eating, brushing and flossing. Not sure how long you should be washing your hands? Sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice while washing.
How Dr. Morris is Serving Patients Right Now
We know that COVID-19 has changed so much of our normal routine, but it doesn’t need to change the dental care that you and your family get every six months. Our Spring, TX, dentist is dedicated to providing care to patients, particularly those needing urgent or emergency dental care. Before coming into the office, we will screen all patients to check for possible symptoms.
We are also keeping our family dental practice even safer for you. We are hard at work sanitizing all workstations after each patient based on the CDC guidelines. We’ve also installed HEPA air purifiers with UV light sanitizers throughout the office, which removes around 99 percent of airborne pathogens and impurities. You can breathe easier knowing that you can breathe in clean air. Also, don’t forget your mask before coming into the office. We wear our masks to protect you and we want our patients to do the same!
We are all in this together, whether we are caring for your smile or trying to keep you safe during this pandemic. Our Spring, TX, family dentist Dr. Morris and his dental team are here for you. If you have questions about the ways in which we are keeping our patients safe during their six-month dental checkup don’t hesitate to give us a call at (281) 379-6939.